Open Data Catalogue
3–1–1 case location details
Human Resources – 3-1-1 Contact Centre
Data currency comments
The extract on this website is updated monthly.
Data set description
Case data is a subset of the interactions dataset and refers only to those call types that generate a service request to a department.
This dataset contains additional location information such as the block range where service was requested and the local area corresponding to the case (incident) location.
This dataset is extracted electronically from the 3-1-1 case management system.
Data accuracy comments
This dataset includes approximately 80% of case types which has a case location, taken by 3-1-1.
The case (incident) location is provided by the requestor and may not be the actual location where service was rendered.
The case type is as determined by 3-1-1 based on information provided by the requestor. The service actually rendered may be different from that originally requested. When the case type differs significantly, the original case may be closed and a new case may be initiated.
Testing in production may result in test cases included in this dataset. The number of test cases is statistically insignificant when compared to the total number of cases in the dataset.
- Year: A four digit field that indicates the year when the case was created at 3-1-1
- Month: A numeric field that indicates the month when the case was created at 3-1-1
- Day: A numeric field that indicates the day when the case was created at 3-1-1
- Hour: A numeric field that indicates the hour (24 hour clock) when the case was created at 3-1-1
- Minute: A numeric field that indicates the minute when the case was created at 3-1-1
- Department: Name of an organization unit at the City of Vancouver responsible for the case
- Division: The group within a department at the City of Vancouver responsible for the case
- Case_Type: Specific type of case
- Hundred_Block: The block range portion of the case (incident) location. If the incident was at an intersection, “Intersection” will appear in this field. If the incident was in a block, the starting hundred block range will appear in this field.
- Street_Name: The street name portion of the case (incident) location. If the incident was at an intersection, the name(s) of the cross street(s) will appear in this field. If the incident was in a block, the ending hundred block range will prefix the street name.
- Local_Area: The name of one of the City’s 22 local planning areas that corresponds to the case location. This field may be blank when a local area cannot be identified.
Note: Department, Division or Call Types beginning with ZZ – OLD refers to obsolete types used in the past. Generally, another call type within the same division, or another division within the same department replaced the obsolete type.
Website for further information
- When reviewing case location data spatially, consideration should be given to the City’s urban attributes such as vegetation density, population density, age of infrastructure asset, area specific bylaws, etc. Some case types are associated with city locations.
- The 3-1-1 case management system started collecting case data on June 1, 2009.