Information Technology – GIS and CADD services branch
Data currency comments
Data was collected on February 7, 15 and 19, 2013 and is current as of those dates.
Data set descripition
LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) data collected in 2013 with coverage up to extents of City of Vancouver’s legal jurisdiction.
Data products include “bare earth” ground surface and of the upper most surface defined by vegetation cover, buildings and other structures.
Data accuracy comments
- Average point density: at least 12 points per squared metre
- Sidelap: at least 50%
- Vertical accuracy: 0.18 metre (95% confidence level)
- Horizontal accuracy: 0.36 metre (95% confidence level
Point data was classified as:
- Low vegetation;
- High vegetation;
- Water; and
Website for further information
- Projection: UTM Zone 10 (Central Meridian 123 West)
- Hz Datum: NAD 83 (CSRS)
- Vertical Datum: CGVD28
- Metro Vancouver Geoid (HTMVBC00_Abb.byn.zip)
Data set details
The 2013 LiDAR data was used for the City’s coastal flood model, which was done as part of the City’s climate adaptation strategy.