Open Data Catalogue
Council expenses data
City Clerks Department, Mayor’s Office and Accounting Operations Department
Data currency comments
The extract on this website is updated quarterly.
Data set description
The City is committed to an open and transparent government. Consistent with this commitment, Council has posted the expenses that each member has incurred while conducting business on behalf of the City, below.
Council expenses consist of three components:
- An annual local expense budget provided to individual Council members to cover expenses incurred in the Lower Mainland while representing the City of Vancouver. Each Council member is responsible for ensuring that they do not exceed their annual budget.
- The travel and training expenses are costs incurred by Council members attending meetings, events, and conferences outside the Lower Mainland. Council members must obtain Council approval to attend these events and the travel expenses are covered by the Travel and Training budget.
- Discretionary expenses are costs incurred by Council members while carrying out constituency activities. Each Council member is responsible for ensuring that they do not exceed their annual budget.
Data accuracy comments
Some expenses may not reconcile within the same reporting period.
- Transportation Allowance
- Business and Event Expenses
- Education and Supplies Expenses
- Membership Expenses
- Parking and Transportation Expenses
- Total Local Expenses
- Annual Local Expense Budget
- Remaining Local Expense Budget
- Discretionary Expenses
- Annual Discretionary Expense Budget
- Remaining Discretionary Expense Budget
- Travel and Training Expenses
- Travel and Traning Expense Budget
- Remaining Travel and Travel Expense Budget
- Total Expenses
- Transaction Date
Websites for further information
Data set details
Dollar amounts are in Canadian dollars and before tax.