Open Data Catalogue
Property tax report data
BC Assessment, Revenue Services, Community Services
Data currency comments
This data in City systems is updated in the normal course of business, however priorities and resources determine how fast a change in reality is reflected in the database.
Note: Only property tax data for the current year is updated weekly. All other data sets contain static data
Data set description
This report contains information on properties from BC Assessment (BCA) and City sources.
- This is a very large file in XLS or CSV format and as a result, there may be multiple tabs given the maximum number of rows Excel can accommodate.
- Zoning data is not available in historical property tax data sets.
Data accuracy comments
Accuracy is dependent on the matching of records between multiple agencies including non-City sources.
Note: Excel may not display content in CSV correctly.
For each property in the report, the following information may be present:
- LOT, BLOCK, PLAN, DISTRICT_LOT
- NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE1, NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE2, NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE3, NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE4, NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE5
- CURRENT_LAND_VALUE, CURRENT_IMPROVEMENT_VALUE
- PREVIOUS_LAND_VALUE, PREVIOUS_IMPROVEMENT_VALUE
Websites for further information
UTM Zone 10
Data set details
1. Current year property tax report data
2. Property tax report data
One-time extracts for years 2014 and subsequent were run at the end of each year and therefore include all revisions to the roll as of that date.
3. Historical property tax report data
One-time extracts for years 2013 and prior were run on January 31, 2015 and therefore include all revisions to the roll as of that date.
- Tax coordinates and particularly the legal description information should not be viewed as definitive or legal.
- For zoning data information please consult the City's zoning pages above.