Open Data Catalogue
Wayfinding map stands
Engineering Services, Street Activities
Data currency comments
This data is updated in the normal course of business, however priorities and resources determine how fast a change in reality is reflected in the database. The extract on this website is updated weekly.
Data set description
The dataset contains the locations and information about the pedestrian-oriented wayfinding map stands on Vancouver streets.
Data accuracy comments
The locations shown are approximate locations of the map stands.
- Key: Unique identifier for each map stand.
CVS### - a narrow map stand with wayfinding information on both sides.
CVP### - a large poster case map stand with wayfinding information on one side.
- Zone: General location of the map stand.
DT - Downtown
Metro Core – The area surrounding downtown extending to Burrard Street, 16th Ave, and Clark Drive/Knight Street.
OT – Outer Neighbourhoods beyond the Metro Core
- Installation: Year the map stand was originally installed.
- Location 1: Name of street or path nearest to the map stand.
- Location 2: Name of secondary street or path nearest to the map stand.
- Orientation: The rotation of the map stand from true north, where 0 means the map stand is facing east/west.
- BIA: The name of the Business Improvement Area in which the map stand is located. See “Websites for further information section” for a listing of BIAs.
- Latitude: Latitude of specified map stand measured from the equator in degrees, with positive values going north and negative values going south. Follows World Geodetic System 84 (WGS84) standard.
- Longitude: Longitude of specified map stand measured in degrees from the Zero Meridian (which is the longitude that runs through Greenwich, England), with positive values going east and negative values going west. Follows World Geodetic System 84 (WGS84) standard.
Websites for further information
Data set details