Open Data Catalogue
Community gardens and food trees
Community Services - Social Policy
Data currency comments
The extract on this website will be updated every six months or as needed
Data set description
This dataset contains locations and attributes of community gardens and food trees in the City of Vancouver. While these community food assets are located within city boundaries, and some on City and Park Board lands, the vast majority are not administered by the City.
This dataset is maintained manually and data is provided by the City and specified managing organizations.
Data accuracy comments
- There is no known error but there may be some loss of quality from data entry errors
- Number of garden plots and food trees may not be accurate
- Update may not be available until the next data refresh cycle
- A small number of communal gardening plots on private property may already be accounted for in the city-wide survey prior to 2010 (See “0 – Private Developments – Community Shared (pre-2010)”
Websites for further information
WGS84. Latitude and longitude data provided by the BC Physical Address Geocoder.
Data set details
Blank cell indicates specified information is not available
- Blank cell indicates specified information is not available
- “Y” indicates unknown quantity
- The site name titled "0 - Private Developments - Community Shared (pre-2010)" is not an actual community garden or food tree site, and its "NumberOfPlots" figure refers to the number of communal gardening plots on private properties or multi-family housing sites, derived through a city-wide survey conducted by City staff prior to 2010.