Open Data Catalogue
Engineering Services, Streets Activities
Data currency comments
This data is updated in June and in the normal course of business as new information is available, however priorities and resources determine how fast a change in reality is reflected in this dataset.
Data set descripition
The dataset contains location and information of food vendors on Vancouver streets. It does not include business with roaming food vending permit.
Data accuracy comments
The locations of street food vendors are based on the sites approved by the City. They will be very close to the exact locations but should be considered approximate.
There is no known error but there may be some loss of quality from data entry error as this data set is maintained manually.
- KEY: Unique identifier for each street food vendor business
- LAT: Latitude of specified food vendor business measured from the equator in degrees, with positive values going north and negative values going south. Follows World Geodetic System 84 (WGS 84) standard.
- LON: Longitude of specified food vendor business measured in degrees from the Zero Meridian (which is the longitude that runs through Greenwich, England), with positive values going east and negative values going west. Follows World Geodetic System 84 (WGS 84) standard.
- VENDOR_TYPE: Type of vendor business
- STATUS: Current status of specified street food vendor business, as follows:
• Open: Food cart permit has already been issued
• Pending: Permit in application, evaluation or renewal stage
Note: Priorities and resources determine how fast a change in reality is reflected in this field.
- BUSINESS_NAME: Name of business usually conducted under.
Note: This field may be blank or contains same data as Description field, if business name information is not available
- LOCATION: Approximate location of the street vendor business
- DESCRIPTION: Type of food the specified vendor business offers
Websites for further information
DWG, SHP, TIF, Mr. SID, and ECW formatted data are projected in UTM Zone 10, NAD83 (CSRS). KML, CSV, and XLS formatted data are projected in latitude and longitude (WGS84). Not all CSV and XLS files have latitude and longitude and those are not projected.
Data set details