1999 Municipal election results attributes
- Advance Poll: Advance voting location; locations where voters can cast their ballot on the designated days prior to General Voting Day.
- Ballots Cast: Number of individual ballots counted by the ballot tabulating machine(s).
- Councillor: An elected official on a municipal council.
- Elector Organization. Here are some examples of acronyms used, listed alphabetically:
- COPE: Coalition of Progressive Electors
- NPA: Non-Partisan Association
- Mayor: the elected head of a city, town, or other municipality
- Mobile: Otherwise known as a Special Voting Opportunity (SVO); includes special voting opportunities for voters residing at eligible care home facilities and hospitals (see s.72 of the Vancouver Charter; s.3.4-3.8 of the City of Vancouver Election By-Law No. 9070).
- Park Commissioner: An elected official on a Park Board.
- Registered Voters: Total number of voters who are registered on the list of electors as of General Voting Day.
- School Trustee: An elected official on the Board of Education for a school district.
- UEL: University Endowment Lands (UEL) and University of British Columbia (UBC) campus residents are eligible to vote only for School Trustees at any Advance Voting Place or at either of the two UEL Voting Places on General Voting Day
- Voting Division: Assigned value to identify a voting area.
- Prior to the 2014 municipal election, the City was divided into Voting Divisions and voters were required to vote at a designated Voting Place within their assigned Voting Division.
- Division boundaries change from election to election and are not directly comparable over time.
Return to Municipal election results