2005 Municipal election results attributes
- ADV: Advance voting location; locations where voters can cast their ballot on the designated days prior to General Voting Day.
- Ballots Cast: Number of individual ballots counted by the ballot tabulating machine(s).
- Candidate Name: Name of candidates listed in the format of last name and first name.
- Councillor: An elected official on a municipal council.
- Election Total: Total number of valid votes/ selections counted for the specified candidate or question.
- Mail: Ballots received by mail from eligible voters (see s.72 of the Vancouver Charter; s.4.0 of the City of Vancouver Election By-Law No. 9070)
- Mayor: the elected head of a city, town, or other municipality
- Number of Under Votes: Number of missing selections per race; the marked selections are counted in that race’s results.
- NRPE: Ballots cast by Non-Resident Property Electors (see s. 24 of the Vancouver Charter for Non-Resident Property Elector eligibility requirements)
- Park Commissioner: An elected official on a Park Board.
- Party: Political party. Some examples of acronyms used, listed alphabetically:
- CPE: Coalition of Progressive Electors
- NPA: Non Partisan Association
- NP: No party affiliation
- WLP: Work Less Party
- Registered Voters: Total number of voters who are registered on the list of electors as of General Voting Day.
- School Trustee: An elected official on the Board of Education for a school district.
- SVO: Special Voting Opportunity - includes special voting opportunities for voters residing at eligible care home facilities and hospitals (see s.72 of the Vancouver Charter; s.3.4-3.8 of the City of Vancouver Election By-Law No. 9070).
- Times Blank Voted: The number of times a voter did not make a selection for a particular race.
- Times Over Voted: Number of times a ballot has more than the maximum number of selections allowed; over votes for a given race are not counted against that race’s results
- UEL: University Endowment Lands (UEL) and University of British Columbia (UBC) campus residents are eligible to vote only for School Trustees at any Advance Voting Place or at either of the two UEL Voting Places on General Voting Day
- Voting Division: Assigned value to identify a voting area.
- Prior to the 2014 municipal election, the City was divided into Voting Divisions and voters were required to vote at a designated Voting Place within their assigned Voting Division.
- Division boundaries change from election to election and are not directly comparable over time.
Return to Municipal election results