2011 Municipal election results attributes
- ADV: Advance voting location; locations where voters can cast their ballot on the designated days prior to General Voting Day.
- Candidate Name: Name of candidates listed in the format of last name and first name.
- Councillor: One of the four races for which candidates may be elected to office. A Councillor is an elected official on City Council. There are ten Councillors on City Council.
- Election Total: Is generally the total counts for each voting division (column).
- EO: Elector Organization. Some examples of acronyms used, listed alphabetically:
- COPE: Coalition of Progressive Electors
- GRN: Green Party of Vancouver
- IDEA: Independent Democratic Electoral Alliance
- NPA: Non Partisan Association
- PEP: Public Education Pro
- VV: Vision Vancouver
- Mail: Vote-by-mail ballots received from eligible voters (see s.72 of the Vancouver Charter; s.4.0 of the City of Vancouver Election By-Law No. 9070).
- Mayor: One of the four races for which candidates may be elected to office. The Mayor is the chief executive officer and president of the Council. There is one Mayor on City Council.
- Number of Under Votes: An under vote occurs when a voter selects less candidates than the number of positions available for the office. For example, if a voter selects 8 candidates for the Councillor race rather than 10 as allowed, an under vote of 2 is counted for that race. The 8 candidates selected are counted toward the Councillor race.
- Park Commissioner: One of the four races for which candidates may be elected to office. A Park Commissioner is an elected official on the Park Board. There are seven Park Commissioners on the Vancouver Park Board.
- Registered Voters: The number of voters on the list of electors as of General Voting Day.
- School Trustee: One of the four races for which candidates may be elected to office. A School Trustee is an elected official on the Vancouver School Board. There are nine School Trustees on the Vancouver School Board.
- SVO: Special Voting Opportunity - includes special voting opportunities for voters residing at eligible care home facilities and hospitals (see s.72 of the Vancouver Charter; s.3.4-3.8 of the City of Vancouver Election By-Law No. 9070).
- Times Blank Voted: The number of ballots in a race for which a voter did not select any candidates for that particular race. For example, in the Councillor race a voter can select 10 candidates. If the voter did not select any candidates, one blank vote for the Councillor race would be counted.
- Times Counted: The number of ballots counted for a race.
- Times Over Voted: An over vote occurs when a voter selects more than the allowed number of candidates for a race. For example, if a voter selects 12 candidates for the Councillor race rather than 10 as allowed, the ballot for that race is counted as one over vote. Over voted races are not counted. However, all races on the ballot that are not over voted are counted.
- UEL/UBC: University Endowment Lands (UEL) and University of British Columbia (UBC) campus residents are eligible to vote only for School Trustees at any Advance Voting Place or at either of the two UEL Voting Places on General Voting Day.
- Voting Division: Assigned value to identify a voting area.
- Prior to the 2014 municipal election, the City was divided into Voting Divisions and voters were required to vote at a designated Voting Place within their assigned Voting Division.
- Division boundaries change from election to election and are not directly comparable over time.
Return to Municipal election results