Open Data Catalogue
Non-market housing projects
Arts, Culture and Community Services – Affordable Housing
Data currency comments
This dataset is updated quarterly.
Data set description
This dataset contains data of non-market housing projects – both the buildings owned by City of Vancouver, and the buildings provided by other agencies.
Non-market housing is for low and moderate income singles and families, often subsidized through a variety of ways, including senior government support. This housing is managed through various operators, including the public, non-profit, co-op, and urban indigenous sectors.
Non-market housing is located throughout Vancouver in the forms of social, supportive, and co-op housing. This dataset includes temporary modular housing, which are demountable structures, not permanently affixed to land and assembled within months.
The inventory does not include the following types of housing:
- Special Needs Residential Facilities - includes community care facilities providing licensed care services, and group residences providing housing as required by law, rehabilitative programs, or temporary housing
- Single Room Accommodation - privately-owned single room occupancy (SRO) hotels, rooming houses, and other housing with rooms less than 320 square feet, typically featuring units with a basic cooking setup and shared bathrooms
- Shelters - provide temporary beds, meals, and services to the city’s homeless population
Data accuracy comments
Data for this dataset is amalgamated from a number of sources. It is possible that some information may not be shown because of data synchronization issues.
There may be some loss of quality from data entry errors.
The Data Set in SHP, KML and DWG formats does not include non-housing market projects for which geographic coordinates are not available yet. For a complete list, please consult the XLS or CSV formats.
- Project Status
- Occupancy Year
- Design - Accessible 1 BR
- Design - Accessible 2 BR
- Design - Accessible 3 BR
- Design - Accessible 4 BR
- Design - Accessible Studio
- Design - Accessible Room
- Design - Adaptable 1 BR
- Design - Adaptable 2 BR
- Design - Adaptable 3 BR
- Design - Adaptable 4 BR
- Design - Standard 1 BR
- Design - Standard 2 BR
- Design - Standard 3 BR
- Design - Standard 4 BR
- Design - Standard Studio
- Design - Standard Room
- Clientele - Seniors
- Clientele - Families
- Clientele - Other
- Operator Type
- Index Number
- Local Area
Websites for further information
Data set details
- Unit total (and breakdown) of projects could change over the course of development and are not captured real time
- Housing projects with “approved” and “under construction” status may not contain unit number breakdown by “Design”
- Housing projects with “approved” and “under construction” status may not contain information on operator names or type
- Unit total is the sum of clientele groups (families, seniors, and others)