Property tax report data attributes
- PID: Property identifier, assigned by Land Title Survey Authority, sourced from BC Assessment records
- LEGAL_TYPE: Values are 'STRATA', indicating property is part of a Strata Plan, 'LAND' indicating property has a non-strata plan number, or 'OTHER' for properties with no plan number
- FOLIO: A 12-digit identifier for purposes of assessment. Assigned by BC Assessment. All communication with BCA regarding folio numbers must be prefixed with Neighbourhood code
- LAND_COORDINATE: First 8 digits of BC Assessment’s folio number
- ZONE_NAME: Name of zoning district. Each zoning districts has a corresponding district schedule in the Zoning and Development By-law. Data on this attribute is not available in historical data sets.
- ZONE_CATEGORY: Name of zoning category. Data on this attribute is not available in historical data sets.
- LOT, BLOCK, PLAN, DISTRICT_LOT: Components of legal description which is assigned by Land Title Survey Authority, sourced from BC Assessment records
- FROM_CIVIC_NUMBER: This is the house number, it may be the first number in a range. Assigned by the City, sourced from BCA records
- TO_CIVIC_NUMBER: Blank unless it is the last house number in a range. Assigned by the City, sourced from BCA records
- STREET_NAME: The name of the street where the property is located. Assigned by the City, sourced from BCA records
- PROPERTY_POSTAL_CODE: A series of letters and/or digits that is attached to a property address.
- NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE1, NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE2, NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE3, NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE4, NARRATIVE_LEGAL_LINE5: Describes a property for registration purposes, assigned by Land Title Survey Authority, sourced from BC Assessment records
- CURRENT_LAND_VALUE, CURRENT_IMPROVEMENT_VALUE: The market value of the fee simple interest in land and improvements (Assessment Act) provided by BCA for the Tax_Assessment_Year. The assessments are issued in the Completed Roll which is received in January and in the Revised Roll which is received mid-March. Amendments to values may be received for individual properties in Supplementary Rolls throughout the year. This is the actual value; it differs from taxable value which is net of exemptions and which may also be averaged.
- TAX_ASSESSMENT_YEAR: Year in effect for Current_Land_Value, Current_Improvement_Value and Tax_Levy
- PREVIOUS_LAND_VALUE, PREVIOUS_IMPROVEMENT_VALUE: This value is for the previous assessment year. Data on these attributes are not available in historical property tax report.
- YEAR_BUILT: Year that the property was built. Assigned by BCA based on permit records
- BIG_IMPROVEMENT_YEAR: Year of major improvement to the property. Assigned by BCA based on permit records
- TAX_LEVY: This is the total taxes printed on the most recent tax notice. It includes the City’s general levy, levies for all taxing authorities, utilities, local improvements and miscellaneous charges.
Note: (1) Main property tax notices are mailed at the end of May each year. There is no value in this column until early June of TAX_ASSESSMENT_YEAR. (2) Advance tax amount is not shown separately but is included in the main tax levy.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD_CODE: This is a 3-digit number assigned by BCA which identifies the neighbourhood for the folio. All communication with BCA regarding folio numbers must include the Neighbourhood code.
Note: BCA does not supply the City with the referencing neighbourhood name information. Please contact BCA to obtain neighbourhood name information.
Return to Property tax data report