Open Data Catalogue
Data set name
Information Technology - GIS and CADD Services branch, City Clerk's
Data currency comments
These are the voting places used for the City’s municipal elections during Advance Voting and on General Voting Day.
Data set description
The City of Vancouver uses a Vote-Anywhere model. Voters can vote at any voting place within the City. This dataset includes all of the voting places available to voters for a given election.
Prior to the 2014 municipal election, the city was divided into voting divisions and voters were required to vote at a designated voting place within their assigned voting division.
The City operates an at-large voting system.
UBC Lands and UEL residents are only eligible to vote for School Trustees.
Data accuracy comments
Voting places change from election to election and are not directly comparable over time.
- Voting Place ID or VD: Assigned value to identify a voting place
- Facility Name: Name of the facility where the voting place is located
- Facility Address: Address of the facility where the voting place is located
- Location: Location of voting place in the facility
- Latitude: Measurement in degrees from the equator, with positive values going north and negative values going south
- Longitude: Measurement in degrees from the Zero Meridian, with positive values going east and negative values going west
- Advance Only: Indication (Yes/No) if the voting place is designated for advanced voting only
- Local Area: In 1969, City Council approved twenty-two local areas as a basis for the organization of community services and city departments. In 1970, local areas were used for the establishment of local area planning programs. For more information, see the Local Area Boundary Data page.
Websites for further information
- Voting division boundaries
(Applicable only for municipal elections prior to 2014)
Data set details
- 2017 Voting Places (CSV)
- 2017 Voting Places (XLS)
- 2017 Voting Places (SHP)
- 2017 Voting Places (KML)
- 2017 Voting Places (Google map)
2014 General Election
- 2014 Voting Places (CSV)
- 2014 Voting Places (XLS)
- 2014 Voting Places (SHP)
- 2014 Voting Places (KML)
- 2014 Voting Places (Google map)
2011 General Election
Some attribute names may change from election to election and are not directly comparable over time.